The extinct Huia bird sadly silenced before our generation could hear their song.
A pendant symbolising how precious it is for all wahine to bring balance to the world while in positions of leadership.
- A feather of a huia was given as a token of friendship and respect and worn by high ranking chiefs symbolizing leadership and mana.
- The most sacred bird of all of Tane's children, graceful, vulnerable and socially quiet, a bird that bonded in pairs for life.
- Poutama Porourangi tukutuku design on the huia feather represents the search for knowledge and was a pattern introduced by Tania's ancestor Sir Apirana Ngata representing their famous ancestor Porourangi of Ngati Porou.
- Shaped like the tukutuku panels that adorn the walls of our wharenui
- 97 (H) x 20 mm (W) x 5 mm (D)
- Handcrafted 3-dimensional resin pendant on 50cm Stainless chain.